Sunday, May 31, 2009
UT baseball
UT won the longest college baseball game ever played last night, against Boston College, to advance in the NCAA tournament. The 25-inning game lasted 7 hours and 3 minutes! Andrew and I listened to most of the game online, but finally went to bed in the bottom of the 20th inning. UT won the college baseball championship the first summer that Kevin attended UT, in 2005. He and Rachel went to Friday night's game. For anyone really interested in baseball, skip down to the bottom of this post for an excerpt from TexasSports.com. Danny got a part-time summer job at RPM Cycle, in Carrollton, and is so excited! He starts tomorrow. I met Missy and Shannon yesterday for a fun lunch at Cheesecake Factory (the lemon-raspberry cheesecake was unbelievable). I reluctantly returned the zoom lens I had borrowed from Shannon (she had to pry it out of my hands). So, today, is "paint the back of the house day" (ugh!) If you're wondering why this post is so long, it's because I'm stalling! Andrew is off riding his bike, so he is stalling, too! From Texassports.com: "The evening was highlighted by the relief performance of Austin Wood. The Longhorns left-hander entered the game with one out and a runner on second base in the seventh inning and proceeded to pitch 12.1 innings before yielding a hit. For the game, Wood pitched 13.0 scoreless innings, scattering two hits and four walks while striking out a career-high 14. He logged 169 pitches on the evening."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment