Friday, December 4, 2009
Slowing Down
Danny is recovering slowly but surely. Thankfully, he thinks his 2 new 6" long incisions will make for impressive scars and possible "chick magnets." When he is not in pain, his sense of humor is still intact, which is a blessing. This whole incident has left me a bit shell-shocked. My normal rushing-around-trying-to-make-the-holidays-perfect has been replaced with nothing-is-more-important-than-sitting-on-the-sofa-giving-Danny-a-foot-massage-to-ease-his-pain. As tough as this has been, it has also been a time to thank God for the blessings... his injuries could have been so much worse. So I am trying to not stress over the things that really do not matter in the grand scheme of things - the fact that I won't have time or money to buy just the right gifts for everyone this year, the fact that my house isn't decorated for Christmas, my oven is broken, my carpet needs cleaning, etc. Danny has always liked falling asleep on the livingroom sofa; it's in the center of the house, so trying to let a sleeping person stay asleep, it's hard to do the dishes and laundry and generally get stuff done. So, here I sit at the computer as Danny sleeps and my sink is full of dirty dishes. "Chilling" is not something I do very well, but I'm just having to learn to do it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment