Thursday, June 11, 2009
A couple of exciting evenings
See photos above.... no, Danny is NOT one of the two riders safely traveling on 2 wheels on the dirt, he's the OTHER one in the photo...This was in the late evening, and into the night. Having a new SLR camera is a little like having a dirt bike, there's always a list of "wanna haves" Just in case Shannon reads my blog, she'll know just what I mean. I "wanna get" a tripod and a zoom lens for getting really good racing photos. These shots were from Tuesday night at the practice track. LAST night was another exciting night... we stood on the porch and watched an amazing storm blow through, cracking trees in half and blowing leaves and limbs all over the street. Our yard was spared, but others on our street weren't as lucky. We should have been inside, huddled under a mattress, but it was JUST SO COOL to watch the dark clouds zooming past and swirling around, and believe it or not, I stood there thinking, "I've raised my kids, I can stand here and take my chances and watch this if I want to." I think I slept about an hour total last night; there was rain, lightening and thunder ALL night long and into mid-morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment